Hi Everyone. . . . .
Welcome members! We are a forward thinking, optimistic, community-based entity, determined to promote these same values through song. I’m tickled pink to have the opportunity to meet with you Saturday mornings and look forward to a successful and enjoyable term. You guys are the best.
I sent you all the password to the active members page last week – did you note it? Our web master, Bob Edmonds, has made it really easy for you to find the voice files needed for at-home practice. Take advantage of this super resource so you can wow your voice mates with your prowess. Speaking for myself, I find it easier to practice my alto part a few times at home during the week so I don’t have to think about it Saturday mornings. Thinking is hard.
Fall is here and with that – a bigger day comes for some than Christmas. Yes my friends – I’m talking HALLOWEEN! Join your fellow singers for a Halloween social after practice on Saturday October 28th, noon till 1pm. Bring in a treat to share and compete for best costume prizes. That minx Hanna won last year, so don’t let it happen twice.
Just a reminder about a few social details:
- If you are sick, stay home. Share the love, not a virus.
- Choose to wear unscented personal hygiene products please – seeing you is enough, nobody needs to smell you approaching.
- Bring spare dry shoes and leave your wet ones at the church door.
- A non-spill refillable water container is vastly preferable to a single-use plastic one – you don’t want to know about plastics and the Pacific gyre garbage patch.
- Consider investing in a music presentation folder – the sound of 80 loose leaf paper pages turning is deafening. We’ll be selling them at the front desk tomorrow for a mere $5, with all proceeds supporting the choir.
Remember to have fun, fun, fun. Repeat after me, fun.
Lastly, many of you will now be familiar with guest song leader Brendan Taaffe. Brendan will be collaborating on an event this coming January 27th – February 3rd, 2018, in the blissfully warm Caribbean setting of Cahuita, Costa Rica. Further information can be found here:
Best to all.
Hamilton Sings Volunteer