On behalf of Sue and Hanna, I am excited to be reaching out with details about the Solstice Carol video project that’s been announced at the last couple of Choral Connections and in Brenda’s weekly news digest. The song by the Wyrd Sisters (arr. Becca Whitla) is in three parts – the melody, plus two other harmonies.Please read on to learn when and how to sign-up.
- Thursday, April 29 (5:00 pm) – let us know you’re interested in participating by this date. Send us an e-mail with Video Project in the subject line
- Week of April 26 – the guide track and instructions will be made available
- Monday, May 10 (5:00 pm) – submit your recording before, or by, this date
- End of May (Date TBD) – video release
While we await the guide track, these basics will be important to keep in mind:
- Relax and have fun!
- Performing like this isn’t like singing with a group in a live setting. It’s weird to sing for a choral piece by yourself and not hear those other voices around you. (But, relax and have fun!)
- The sound of our own recorded voice may be strange to us and many of us don’t like the sound of our own voices – though we encourage you to love it! (So, relax and have fun!)
- Microphones are completely unforgiving, but once our producer puts all of our recordings together, it will sound wonderful. (So, relax and have fun!) Here’s a sample of Echo Women’s Choir, another community choir of ordinary folks out there in the world.
- Have I mentioned to relax and have fun?
A performance by at least 20 choristers will give the recording a rich sound – we’d love for you to participate in the Solstice Carol video project! Sign up before 5:00 pm on Thursday, April 29 with an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and Video Project in the subject line.
We look forward to your e-mail!
HS!CC Co-chorister, 2020-21