Commitments tend to pile up in real life. So it follows that even in the wondrous land of Hamilton Sings, we’ve got an expanding calendar of events. Check it out:
As of this very moment – Bob Edmonds, HS web wonder, has posted audio files of our entire song list on the members page of hamiltonsings.ca. Hanna has compiled an additional list of links to sound files/video of our tunes, please prioritize your listening time to the tunes with an asterisk*
- * Steve Sinnicks, Ballad of Sam Lawrence: Go down page to “If you don’t wanna Genie don’t rub the lamp” No. 3
- * Teal Booth, The Hamilton Song
- * Stan Rogers, Watching the Apples Grow
- * Wax Mannequin, People Can Change
- * Le Plus Beau Mec du Quebec, Member’s Page (french pronunciation, and song overview available)
- Lori Yates, Call My Name
- Terra Lightfoot, Lilly’s Fair
- Hanna Bech, Butterfly, Member’s page, Bass parts w. accompaniment
- Carol Greene, Me Too
- Adam F Carter, The Colour
- Robert Edmonds, Carry On, Member’s Page
- Shanika Maria, Let Me Go
Now and into the future – if you find yourself musing about one of our tunes, write those insightful thoughts into the body of an email and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Genius needs to be shared.
This Saturday February 22nd rehearsal – We’ll be working on Butterfly, Let Me Go (please review your parts on-line), Lilly’s Fair, Call My Name, and introduced to The Hamilton Song.
Saturday February 29th – Deadline for submissions to the term concert poster initiative. Our publicist with the most-ist, Tara Bolker, has a few words to add:
Take a picture–this week! We need lots of images of the name Hamilton–all kinds from all around town–to use for the concert poster and social media leading up to “Hamilton Sings! Hamilton Songs”.
Think of it a kind of scavenger hunt, see if you can get:
- Hamilton, but with a letter missing
- Hamilton, covered in snow
- Hamilton, in a mural
- Hamilton, in all caps
- Hamilton, on a brick background
- Hamilton, in an art deco typeface
- Hamilton, from a business in your neighborhood
- Hamilton, etc…
Send your Hamilton digital photos to email@example.com, or post them to the HS! Facebook group. Thanks in advance for helping out with this group project!
Wednesday March 4th – Mohawk ESL program/Hamilton Sings collaborative workshop, noon hour, more details to follow
Saturday March 14th – our normal rehearsal will take place at The Music Hall in New Vision Church, corner of Main West & McNab. 10 am sharp.
Sunday May 24th, 2pm – Hamilton Sings Hamilton Songs spring concert
As always, may your shoes be dry, your beverage container non-spill, your voice box supple, and come prepared to enjoy the music and your fellows.