Hamilton Sings! is for adults and older youth. There is NO audition to join the choir. Once you are in the choir, you are IN.
But for Each and Every Term, You Have to Register
Every year, there are two terms or sessions. One term runs from September to December, the other from January to April. In order to get ready for the term—to prepare the quantity of sheet music, sign-in sheets etc.—the choir leaders need to know who will be in each choir. Each term, you must register:
- To confirm that you are returning to the choir, or
- To join the choir for the first time.
A Growing Choir
We have a choir that is growing! We’re excited by this, and are building a sustainable model so that current and future choristers can keep on singing. We want our professional music leaders to continue to devote their time to the choir, and to be compensated for their efforts.
To ensure our growth and sustainability, members decided at our Annual General Meeting to have a fee for each term:
- $125 for September to December
- $175 for January to May
We are committed to ensure that everyone can participate, so these fees are on a “sliding scale.” Slide up as high as you are able, or slide down to whatever you can contribute. We will continue to hold fundraising events to complement our own contributions.
- For e-transfers, please send to email@example.com
Register for the Hamilton Sings! Saturday Choir
Rehearsals for the regular Saturday choir are on Saturday mornings from 9:45 a.m. to 12 noon. Rehearsals take place at St. Peter’s HARRRP, 705 Main St. E., Hamilton, Ontario.
- No musical experience is required for the Saturday choir.
- Our new term for the Saturday choir begins on Saturday, September 15th, from 9:45 – 12 noon, and continues weekly through to December 1, 2018.
- Registration for the term closes after the second week of rehearsal, at 6:00 PM on Saturday, September 29.