Time to put away your water wings, lock up the cottage, and greet the fall season with song. This Saturday September 16th we commence our fall term at HARRRP, 705 Main Street East. Please try to arrive no later than 9:45 am to allow time for registration and to settle into your seats for rehearsal start time of 10:00 am sharp.
September 16th and the 23rd are our two “orientation” sessions, designed to give participants time to decide if they truly want to commit to the entire term. After the 23rd, term membership is closed while we devote ourselves to practicing for our end of term concert. Please take note that as of today, we are at capacity with returning members. However those on the waiting list are invited to join us for the first two sessions for an opportunity to decide if they wish to remain on the list.
A few reminders regarding our community:
- If you’re sick, stay home – we want your voice, not your cold!
- Please bring dry shoes if the weather is wet, or the custodians will give you the evil eye.
- If you’re hoarding past sheet music, please bring it along.
- Hamilton Sings subsists on fundraising and participant contributions – your check book is always welcome. Especially by Tom, our hard-working Treasurer.
- And this is mandatory – you must have fun.
Our choir leaders Sue Crowe Connelly and Hanna Mathieson bring a wealth of professional musical experience to our Saturday sessions. While Hamilton Sings is dear to their hearts, they both maintain full-time musical careers as well. Hanna has just been named as Hamilton’s Emerging Artist of 2017 by the Hamilton Arts Council. She was nominated by Kirk Stanley, who won established artist, and they are having a concert at the Pearl Company on September 23rd. Full concert details can be found here.
All for now. See you Saturday.
Hamilton Sings Volunteer