What an awesome concert! I am so proud of us. There’s a lot happening in May and June. Here’s a few things to look forward to. (if you know of any additions, corrections, etc. please let me know)
For those of you who won’t be singing with us throughout May, please bring your music to return to the music librarians on Saturday.
- We are doing well, but rain barrels are still available. Keep selling! www.rainbarrel.ca/
- We need people to volunteer as early as 8:00 and as late as 1:00 to help set up (before) and clean up (after).
- We will be selling baked goods, perennial divisions and other seedlings. Let us know if you would like to contribute.
- We will need people to help carry and load barrels in cars.
- The choir will be rehearsing from 10-12, and we will be rotating volunteers during this time so we all will have a chance to sing and to help out at the sale.
- There will also be a penny sale at HARRRP that day, so we will be able to send them customers/vice versa. I plan on doing some shopping that day as well…
- Please bike, walk, carpool and/or park as far away from the church as you are able-parking is limited and we want people to be able to reach us and load up their barrels.
May 16-Reheasal at HARRRP 10:00-12:00
May 21 -Building Hamilton Momentum performance at Hamilton Tim Horton’s Field 6:30-7:10 pm
May 23-Workshop with Michael St. George-9:30 am-12:30 pm at Delta United Church gym. Sue and Hanna will be leading us in some vocal work, movement exercises and special guest Michael St. George will be teaching us some new songs. Please invite your friends, family, coworkers, neighbours, and anyone else in your sphere of influence. It’ll be fun! Please RSVP so we know how many to expect. Sue will be sending out a flyer with more info tomorrow, so you can forward it to your contacts.
Mondays in June– Music theory and movement classes with Hanna at HARRRP. No fee, but donations are appreciated and will go to buy supplies for Hanna’s Dalcroze business. The classes will run for 6 weeks and will start at 7:45 p.m. Please RSVP to Hanna
June 7– Hanna, Bob, and the Folk performing at Artword Art Bar on James St.
And finally, some kind thoughts from Matt: