News from Cristi for March 26
Wasn’t Saturday’s social fun? Thanks to everyone who came, everyone who brought goodies, everyone who helped set up and clean up, and especially to Lori, who had the idea in the first place. Speaking of having fun together…..If you like to dance, a few of us will be line dancing at HARRRP (same place that we rehearse) this Friday from 6:30 to 8:00. No charge for the first class, so why not try it out? See you there!
Fundraising Concert for HARRRP
The HARRRP benefit concert is this Sunday at 2:00! Some reminders:
Invite your people! (family, friends, neighbours, coworkers, etc.) It’s going to be a wonderful concert, and as you know, HARRRP does a lot of good for the people of Hamilton. Let’s give back by sharing our musical gifts and helping to raise money.
We do not have a uniform or dress code. Please wear whatever you feel fabulous in!
Rain Barrel Sale
Dear Friends..Every home can benefit from having a rain barrel, which is why I am participating in the Hamilton Sings! Rain Barrel Sale.
- Rain barrels help to direct water away from your home and the sewer system. The downspout from your eves trough is directed into the rain barrel.
- You can run a hose from the rain barrel to water your garden;
- Keep water out of storm and combined sewer systems that help prevent flooding;
- Protect our rivers, lakes, and streams from runoff pollution;
- Control moisture levels around foundation of your home;
- Provide oxygenated, un-chlorinated water, ideal for plants;
- Direct overflow to where you want it • Reduce water and waste water bills • Conserve water in the summer months, when demand is the highest.
Buying your Rain Barrel through Hamilton Sings! at the link below also benefits our communities, through world music we learn diversity and acceptance and music is known to bring joy and a sense of well-being to people’s lives….your purchase supports our community choir and the great programs at HARRRP.
Each rain barrel comes fully equipped with a leaf and mosquito filter basket, an overflow adapter that permits multiple barrels to be connected in series, overflow hose, a spigot assembly and a clear dispensing hose with hose clip. The price is $50 per barrel. Cash, debit, credit and PayPal are accepted.
Rain barrels must be pre-ordered to be picked up on Saturday May 9, 2015, between 9:30 am and 12:30 pm at St. Peters HARRRP 705 Main Street East Hamilton.
Please feel free to contact me if you need further information.
Important Dates to Remember:
See you all on Saturday (and some of you on Friday night),